Located on Spain's Costa Blanca, Javea is an exceptional tourist destination offering a perfect blend of natural beauty, history, culture and a laid-back lifestyle. Known for its stunning coastline, white sandy beaches, charming old town and rich historical heritage, Javea has a lot to offer visitors. Here are several reasons why you should consider visiting Javea:
- Dream beaches and coves: Jávea has a wide variety of beaches and coves that are simply stunning. Playa del Arenal is the most popular, with its wide expanse of golden sand and crystal clear waters. It is a perfect place to relax, sunbathe and enjoy water activities such as paddle surfing and water skiing. In addition, Jávea has beautiful coves, such as Cala Granadella and Cala Blanca, which are ideal for those looking for a quieter and more secluded environment.
- The Old Town: The old town of Javea, known as "El Pueblo", is a lovely place to explore. Its cobbled streets, traditional houses and picturesque squares will transport you back in time. You can visit the Church of San Bartolomé, an impressive fortress church of the fourteenth century, and stroll through the Church Square, where you will find bars and restaurants with outdoor terraces. In addition, on Thursday mornings, there is a lively market in the old town, where you can find local products, crafts and souvenirs.
- Montgó Natural Park: Jávea is located in the foothills of the impressive Montgó Natural Park, a protected nature reserve that offers exceptional natural beauty. You will enjoy hikes and trails that will take you through mountainous landscapes, cliffs, caves and a diverse flora and fauna. In addition, from the peaks of the Montgó, you can enjoy panoramic views of the entire region, including the Mediterranean Sea and the surrounding landscapes.
- Gastronomy: Jávea is famous for its delicious Mediterranean cuisine. The city has a wide variety of restaurants, bars and beach bars where you can taste fresh and tasty local dishes. Seafood and fish are especially prominent, since Jávea is an important fishing port. Do not miss the opportunity to try dishes such as paella, arroz a banda, grilled octopus and delicious seafood.
- Outdoor Activities: Jávea offers a wide range of outdoor activities for nature and sports lovers. In addition to enjoying the beaches and walks in the Montgó Natural Park, you can practice water sports such as diving, snorkeling, sailing and kayaking. There are also opportunities for golf, tennis and cycling, as the area has excellent courses and routes.
- Festivals and cultural events: Jávea is full of life throughout the year, with numerous festivals and cultural events. The festivities of San Juan in June, the celebrations of Moors and Christians in July and the festivities of the Virgin of Loreto in September are just some of the outstanding festivities. During these events, you can enjoy parades, music, traditional dances and fireworks that will immerse you in the local culture and tradition.
In short, Javea is a charming destination on the Costa Blanca that combines beautiful beaches, history, culture and outdoor activities. Whether you're looking to relax on the beach, explore historic streets or enjoy the rich Mediterranean cuisine, Javea has something for everyone.